Red Shoe Diaries: Four on the Floor

Four on the Floor: Zalman King's Red Shoe Diaries #6 - Zalman King, Stacey Donovan, Elise D'Haene First of all I would like to start out by saying that when I was loaned this book I thought it might be a bit cheesy. I loved the show but wasn't sure about reading about it. There are cheesy parts. I could do without Jake's comments after opening each letter or at the end of the first three stories.
But.... the surprising thing about this book was it was hot! It was hot like your typical erotica book read around here but it also has some emotion and more substance to it than some I have read. I'm a skimmer by nature but didn't want to with this book.
The first story is called The Psychiatrist. She sits and listens to one of her patients descriptions of her escapades whit strangers and wonders about being that free and open herself.
The next story was about two couples and how they danced, for years, around hooking up as a foursome.
The third story was my least favorite and is about a dancer trying out for a music video and how she, with some outside help, is finally able to free herself of her small-minded upbringing.
The final story is my favorite. It's written by two women that, in the story, write each other back and forth about their loves, losses and all of those inbetween. I loved the insight in this story.
I would have given this a 4.5 but once again, no dice! lol